Thursday, August 18, 2016

Product Review: Nichido Pressed Powder (Tan)


Happy Friday everyone! Today, I'm reviewing the Nichido Pressed Powder in the shade Tan. I learned about this particular product from beauty blogger Michelle Dy. What really hooked me on this is the packaging - it doesn't look like it only costs PhP.100!



This comes in a cardboard box and at the back you will be able to see a bit of description and the ingredients.

"A fine textured, matte finish pressed powder that makes your skin look smooth, natural, and flawless. Perfect for touch-ups."

Ingredients: Talc, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Kaolin, Paraffinum Liduidm, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Stearate, Isopropyl Myristate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Perfume, May Contain: +/- CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499, CI 12085

It also claims to have a sunscreen agent which is verified by the ingredients (zinc oxide and titanium dioxide are known for blocking both UVA and UVB rays.)


This is what the pressed powder looks like when opened. One mirror and one sponge with a plastic protective cover over the pressed powder itself.

Here's my take on the product:
First off, I'd like to talk about the packaging and the price. Like I've mentioned above, this costs only PhP. 100 but unlike other cheap products, it doesn't look cheap at all. The packaging is plastic and I think the color and the shape of the container is on point making it look sleek and a bit high-end.

I got the shade Tan which in itself is perfect for my morena skin. I love it all the more whenever paired to my Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation. The said foundation looks a bit gray on my skin and the pressed powder corrects that. That for me, is perfection.

Longevity-wise, this lasts on my oily skin for about 4-5 hours which is a good staying power for a pressed powder. I use it both as setting powder and to mattefy my skin during touch-ups and it doesn't make my skin cakey at all.

It is accessible since it is available in Nichido counters nationwide which is in almost every Watson's store I go into.

The only real issue I have with this product is the sponge. I have bad experiences with Nichido spongess - they are rough on the skin so I don't use them at all. That is fine by me since I always have a powder brush at hand. Also, titanium dioxide and zinc oxide are ingredients that would cause a white cast on the face especially when using flash photography so I'd be careful whenever using this during a photo shoot or the like. 

All in all, I LOVE this product. This might be my holy grail pressed powder - for its price, for its longevity, for the shade, for the packaging. I really love it. I recommend it to everyone especially those with oily skin like me.

That's it for my review on Nichido Pressed Powder, I hope this review has been helpful. Follow me on Instagram and Twitter for more updates! xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment