Monday, August 29, 2016

Product Review: Sophie Paris Fairness Peel off Mask

It's another cloudy day and I hope you guys are having a productive day like mine. Yesterday was a holiday here in the Philippines and I don't know about you guys but that was a much needed break from the craziness of the real world. On rest days, we all get the chance to find our center and balance things out - not to mention catching up on those much needed ZZZzzzs.

So today, I'd like to talk about one of my favorite products of all time: face masks. I love face masks since it makes me feel like I'm treating myself to a spa (for about a tenth of the actual cost of spas) and my face always feels refreshed and soft afterwards. I personally love mud masks and peel off masks but they do take time with all that soaking and rinsing. Sheet masks are okay by me for weeknights when I feel like my skin needs more TLC but I find that sheet masks are a lot more expensive versus mud masks and peel off masks since you can only use a sheet mask once.

I've always been fond of trying out different kinds of masks every time. I don't have a holy grail one yet since I love all those that I've tried. Browsing through my mom's Sophie brochure and I chanced upon this peel off mask with Vitamin C. I'm a sucker for vitamin c loaded products these days since they are known to help delay skin aging (I'm just in my 20's but I really am concerned about that - time is one thing you can't buy).

So I gave in and bought this, it only costs PhP.130 so I decided there was no harm in trying. I've tried one other peel off mask before (something loaded with cucumbers and was really refreshing for the skin - it was a gift for my mom from my aunt but naturally, I was the one who used it up. That was eons ago and I forgot the brand name but I'm pretty sure it isn't available locally.)


About the product: "Fairness Peel Off Mask with Clair Blanche Complex + Vitamin C help to lightens the skin tone by eliminating dead skin cells."

Directions: "Apply evenly to your face and wait until dry. Then peel it off and rinse any residue with warm water."

Ingredients: Aqua, Ethanol, Propylene Glycol, Polyvinyl Alcohol, PVP, Cetyl Alcohol, Allantoin, Titanium Dioxide, Fragrance, Xanthan GUm, DMDM Hydantoin, Tetrasodium EDTA, Toccopheryl Acetate, Sodium Carbixymethyl Betaglucan, Phenoxyethanol, Iidazolidinyl Urea, Butylene Glycol, Arbutin, Citric Acid, Sodium Sulfate, Acetyl Tyrosine, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Paeonia Suffruticosa Root Extract, Aminopropyl Asorbyl Phosphate, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Glutathione

My take: I'm going to be really honest and upfront about this product and I'm going to get this out there, I didn't like the product. I've used this about four times thinking that the next time I'm gonna love it, but meh.



The mask comes in a plastic tube that contains 50 grams. It has a creamy white liquid and dries up like a transparent white sheet. I didn't have a hard time applying it all over my face. When it comes to peel off masks, I apply a generous amount of the product, that way, you won't have a hard time peeling it off when dried properly.

The first time I used it, it was a really hot day and after waiting for about 40 minutes, I had to take it off since I had a few things to do. It was already so long since I've applied it and it still hasn't dried up on my forehead. I started to peel it off from my chin going upwards and by the time I reach my cheeks, I had to scrape the product using my finger. It was nasty and my face felt raw afterwards. I used a lot of moisturizer to soothe my skin. Since the one on my forehead hadn't really dried up at all, I had to use my nails to take the product off (I remembered too late that I could have just used warm water to rinse it off).

The second time I used it was at night before going to bed - definitely a wrong move. I waited for about an hour and the mask still hasn't dried (I admit that I did apply a little too much of the product) and I ended up not peeling it off but just rinsed with water because I was too tired and sleepy.

After that I've used it a few more times and I observed that it takes about an hour and a half on the average before it completely dries up. Even for a peel off mask that is too much time. The next time I'm using it, I'd try to use just a thin layer of the product and see if I'd get better results. But for now, this prodcut is a fail for me. I'd love to try out the other masks available at Sophie Paris - they range for just around PhP.140-PhP.165 each tube. Buy this and other Sophie Paris products online.

Have you used this product before? What is your holy grail mask? Would love to hear from you guys! Just comment below. Follow me on Twitter and Instagram for more updates! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment