Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Banana Smoothie (Under 250 calories)



With the beginning of March comes the start of summer season, and even though we are still enjoying the last few days of the cold weather, I am now looking for ways to battle the summer heat. And the best way to do just that is with a healthy smoothie. 

You know those days when you just can't find the motivation to work out but you know working out would be good for you and still you don't feel like doing it? What I do to motivate myself on these days is to have a sort of "reward" for myself after I've done a workout. Those rewards vary on the type of day that I'm having - a long bath or a mask or a movie or a smoothie (especially on particularly hot days). So today I've experienced just that and decided that I'd have a banana smoothie after my workout (though it really isn't that hot) but the best thing here, really is that this whole recipe is under 250 calories (guilt-free!)

What you need:

  • 2 bananas, sliced
  • 1 tbsp powdered milk (1/2 cup if you're using fresh milk)
  • 1 tsp brown sugar
  • 1 tbsp quick oats
  • crushed ice
  • 1/2 cup water
Just mix it all together in a blender, put it in a mason jar and you're good to go. I personally prefer putting it in the freezer while I workout and work on it as soon as I'm done!

No comments:

Post a Comment