Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Top 5 Tuesday: Summer Essentials

Summer is HERE! 

Okay, it's been a few weeks since summer officially started and we can really feel the heat. This may be an unpopular opinion but summer's not my favorite time of the year and I think anyone who lives in a tropical country is of the same opinion. But still, it's the best time to go to the beach and unwind and look at the brighter side of things. 

So today I'll be sharing a few tips on how to stay cool (in the literal sense) and still enjoy summer without hurting your wallet (each product is less than PhP. 500).




1. Nivea In-Shower Conditioner
What's a real pain in the ass? Moisturizing in the sweltering heat. Those after shower moments when you don't know if it's water or sweat that's running down your body and you put lotion on and everything is just sticky? Been there, done that. The problem is, I can't forego lotion since my skin tends to be super dry. Thank God for In-Shower Conditioners. Body conditioners are skin moisturizers that you use in the shower. After washing up, rinse your body and apply body conditioner then rinse. No need to put lotion on after. It's a real life and time saver. I bought my Nivea In-Shower Conditioner during this year's Nivea 50% off sale for only PhP. 84.50.

2. Johnson's Baby Powder Prickly Heat
Heat causes excessive sweating and excessive sweating causes heat rash. It's incredibly itchy and painful and irritating. As per mom's advice, I used Johnson's Baby Powder Prickly Heat. Upon application, it feels like ordinary powder, but after a while there is a cooling sensation, and that I think is the best thing about this powder. It's so cheap, I know I got mine for less than PhP. 20. I bought the smallest size to try it out and I know I'll be buying the bigger one soon.

3. Belo Sun Expert Transparent Mist and Nivea Med Protection Lip Balm
Sun protection is recommended daily but it is a summer ESSENTIAL. This is pretty basic and self-explanatory but I think it's worth mentioning that our lips need SPF too. Lips, like our hands, feet neck and eyes, show the first signs of aging and needs a LOT of TLC. I use the Nivea Med Protection Lip Balm which has SPF 15 and smells so good, that I bought in last year's Nivea 50% off sale for around PhP. 50. For my face and body, I use Belo Sun Expert Transparent Mist which has SPF 50 and PA+++. It's lightweight, invisible and handy. The only cons are the packaging (cap always falls off) and it can sometimes cause too much oiliness on the face (it does a great job in shielding my skin from the sun, so no complaints, I can just blot the oil out). This one I got for PhP. 450.

4. Nivea Invisible Black and White
It goes without saying that the world is full of pollution, I am imploring every one not to contribute to that pollution with a nose pollution of our own. The heat is not an excuse for body odor. Shower (twice or more if one couldn't cut it), groom and use necessary products to keep ourselves clean. This isn't really a beauty issue but more of a hygiene one. The thing is, deodorants can ruin your clothes and once that's happened, there is simply no going back. I use Nivea Invisible Black and White and it has saved so many clothes of mine. Again, I got this from this year's Nivea 50% off sale for around PhP. 80-90.

5. Nature Republic 92% Aloe Vera Soothing Gel
I can't think of the best way to describe this gel, I'll just go for AWESOME. This is an all-around gel I use for practically everything: heat rash (before applying Johnson's Prickly Heat), leave-on conditioner for hair, moisturizer, eye gel, etc. I love it so much I'm actually beating myself up for not buying two jars. It's so cheap too! I got mine from Nature Republic at the Mall of Asia for just PhP. 245. Read on my take on this product here.

There goes my Summer Essentials, I hope I've helped you guys keep your cool this summer. Follow me on instagram for more updates. Have a lovely summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment