Sunday, April 24, 2016

Product Review: Nature Republic 92% Aloe Vera Soothing Gel




 A few weeks ago, I've scoured the mall for a new brow product as my eyebrow pencil is down to its last few uses. But of course, I ended up buying a bunch of stuff and NONE of those were brow product. Still, I'm very happy with my purchases especially this Aloe Vera 92% Soothing Gel from Nature Republic. I may be extremely unobservant but it is only now that I've heard of aloe vera soothing gel and I noticed that most of Korean Skin Care shops have one (and we've gone through all the Korean Skin Care shops at MOA). Nature Republic's soothing gel was the cheapest one though (PhP. 245) and so I decided to give it a try.

The label says: "Enriched with 92% aloe vera! Mild formula free from paraben mineral oil and artificial colors. This soothing gel with 92% organic aloe vera certified by California Certified Organic Farmers (CCOP) can be used to moisturize various parts of the body such as the face, arms, legs, and hair.

HOW TO USE: Apply an appropriate amount to dry, sensitive parts of the face and body often foe the best results."


The 300 ml product comes in a plastic jar which, in my opinion, is not a good way to store this since it can be very unhygienic (to make this a little more hygiene-friendly, I transferred it in a smaller pot and used up those that I've transferred first). At first I actually thought the product was green, but I was surprised that it was clear. It smelled really amazing too. I tried it at the store and it was so refreshing.

The real selling factor for me though, is that this product has so much uses.


1. Moisture Cream and Mask pack for urgent moisturizing. (Recommend to mix Aloe vera with Jojoba oil)
2. Moisturized Base Make-up (Recommend ti use it when make-up base or foundation)
3. For After Shave Cream
4. Hair Treatment For Natural hair styling to mix Gel with treatment
5. Eye pack to comfort skin. For cooling use, keeping it in refrigerator
6. Nail Essence Apply on nail for moisturizing and revitalizing
7. Body Lotion Apply on body to mix it with Avocado oil
8. Pack to comfort skin keep it in refrigerator and apply on sensitive skin

What I've used it for:
  • I tried using it as moisturizing cream for the face and I enjoyed it at first since it felt so refreshing on the skin. After a while though, I've developed a few tiny bumps on my face particularly on the chin area. I stopped using it immediately and got the bumps in control. So, I don't think this will work as moisturizer for me.
  • I have never tried using it as Make up base so I wouldn't know if it really works, but it dries quickly enough so I'd leave that for you guys to try out for yourselves.
  • Of course, I don't shave my face, but I've suggested this to my brother, and he said that it did a good job in preventing after-shave itchiness.
  • I've used it as leave-in conditioner for the hair on days that I've washed my hair and I've loved it since it doesn't make my hair too greasy. (I've heard that aloe vera is really good for the hair) I've had no significant change in my hair health, though.
  • I also tried putting a bit of the product onto cotton pads, let the pads cool in the fridge and used it as eye mask. I just put it on my eyes, then put a cotton eye mask on top so as to keep it in place, and it was really relaxing.
  • I have mixed feelings when I've used it as nail essence since I didn't feel like it moisturized the skin around my nails enough but it felt good since it wasn't as greasy as the nail essences I've tried before.
  • On its own I don't think this Soothing Gel is enough to moisturize my body, although it really felt great on top of my daily lotion.
  • Heat rash is common during the summer time and it does a great job in soothing irritated skin. Putting it in the fridge before application makes it all the more refreshing.
  • Last, but certainly not the least, I've mixed about a tablespoon of this gel with 50ml water and put it in a spray bottle. I keep the bottle in my bag and spray it anywhere on my body that I need to freshen up. With this trick, I was glad that I didn't buy the Aloe Vera Soothing Mist.

All in all, I think this is a good product as it is very versatile and is definitely a summer essential (perfect for everyday use for those who live in a tropical country like me). I'm halfway through my tub and I'd definitely repurchase. I was a bit disappointed that it didn't work out as a facial moisturizer for me, but it still has a thousand uses and therefore definitely is worth the money. 
Any thoughts on the Nature Republic 92% Aloe Vera Soothing Gel? Feel free to leave a comment below!













No comments:

Post a Comment