Monday, July 18, 2016

Top 5 Tuesday: Top 5 Back-to-School Make Up Essentials

Today's Top 5 Tuesday is a continuation of my Back-to-School special. Here's an extra challenge for beauty enthusiasts like me: how to get a perfectly made up face that could last all day.

We've all been there: the waking up early despite the late nights, the sweat from going around the campus, 12-hour days were you couldn't even pause and take a glimpse on a mirror (at some point, you'd find yourself looking at any reflective surface to assure yourself that you are presentable, at least). The answer to this hectic days of our lives: low-maintenance make up.

I rarely have time for touch-ups in between classes, and I sweat a lot. To top it all off, I have oily skin. So the search for the perfect make up products is a continuous battle for me. But for now, here are my back to school makeup essentials. A bit of a bonus on this article: each product costs PhP.350 or less.



1. Maybelline New York Baby Skin Pore Eraser

The main job of a primer is to fill in the rough spots on our skin making the make up base (whether you use bb cream or foundation) glide on smoothly. This primer from Maybelline is my holy grail primer: it's cheap at only PhP.300, it's available pretty much everywhere, and it's mattifying - perfect for my oily skin. I put this on under my foundation and on occassion, I use it to mattify my face when I do have the time for touch-ups (after blotting away the oil and before I put on powder).


2. Maybelline New York the Hypercurl Volum' Express Waterproof Mascara

I find that using mascara makes a big difference in my look. Maybelline's Hypercurl Waterproof Mascara is another holy grail product for me. Just like the primer above, this is also a cheap product at PhP.149 and available everywhere (even in the groceries). It is waterproof as promised and does not give me racoon eyes. The best thing about it is that I don't feel the need to curl my lashes before using (that's a minute or two less in my morning preparation).



3. Skin Potions Lip and Cheek Tint

This cheek tint from Skin Potions had me blushing for 8 hours. 'Nuff said.




4. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick (440-Cherries in the Snow)

I was born with dark lips. I got it genetically and there's nothing I can do about it hence lipsticks are heaven sent for me. Since I don't really use eye shadow, I go for bold lips - reds and pinks and mauves. This lipstick from Revlon is the PERFECT shade of hot pink for me. Aside from the PERFECT shade, it has a creamy consistency so it doesn't dry my lips out and doesn't bleed or feather out, so no need to line your lips. It leaves a bit of stain and lasts pretty much the whole day (a teeny bit of retouch after eating or drinking). It does transfer but I think that's a trivial issue compared to its pros.


5. L.A. Girl HD Pro Conceal (GC973-Creamy Beige)

I have yet to find my holy grail concealer, but so far, the LA Girl HD Pro Conceal is a good enough product for me ( I have issues with the packaging, and sometimes I have trouble with blending) but it is a great under eye concealer since it does not crease. I don't recommend this for hiding blemishes though, I think it's not as effective as other concealers. For me, that's okay since I don't typically use concealer for my blemishes (personally, I think it does more harm than good, and I feel like it makes my make up a bit cakey). All in all though, I think it's a good enough concealer especially if you consider the price, I got mine from Chedelyn Cosmetics though I forgot the price (but it's definitely around PhP.250). This concealer is available in select Watson's and LA Girl booths nationwide but you can buy this online for a much cheaper price than in the mall.


That is it for today's Top 5 Tuesday. I hope you guys have a wonderfully productive week ahead! Follow me on instagram for more updates! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment