Thursday, July 14, 2016

Book Review: This is Me, Love Marie



Happy Thursday guys. I hope you all are having a great week. Today, I will be reviewing Heart Evangelista's book on beauty 101 entitled This is Me, Love Marie. Apart from being an actress, Heart is a painter, makeup enthusiast, tv host and the wife of Senator Francis "Chiz" Escudero. 





I've had this book for a few months now (it is actually part of my February haul) and for a while I totally forgot that I have this. I got my copy from National Bookstore at the MOA for PhP.295. I bought this because it's a book on beauty, that's two things I love rolled into one.

The first four chapters are on eyes, lips, face and skin care.











Each chapter starts off with must know definitions and taking care how-to's. Heart also gives a list of holy grail products she swears by, dos and don'ts and a few basic make up tips.



Chapter 5 is dedicated on make up 101: how to build your make up kit, travel makeup, brushes and tools, and taking care of beauty products.



In chapter 6, is a look book, where Heart discusses suggestions on kind of makeup and outfits to wear on errands, work, first date, red carpet, reunion, job interview, travel, and wedding day.

The last chapter, chapter 7, is a behind-the-scenes compilation and a bit of other personal preferences.


My take on the book: I've been a beauty enthusiast for about 8 years now. I've read a lot of magazines and scrolled through online articles and such, and in all honesty, most of the "tips" that she shared weren't exactly new. If you are a beginner on makeup and skincare and all that, this would be a really good compilation of all the information that you need.

I don't regret buying this book though. I love watching makeup collection videos, beauty hacks, and morning and night routines on YouTube. I love reading about all the beauty tips that she swears by.

That is it guys. I hope that I've given you enough idea on the book. Have you read this one too? I would love to hear your take on this book on the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment