Sunday, July 10, 2016

Back-to-School Beauty Haul

After a few weeks of hibernating from blogging, I'm back! Hopefully, I could come up with a routine for the term and find time to blog more regularly (keeping fingers crossed). Anyway, it's weird starting school in July. Still, it's the best I could hope for given my situation and I'm so glad I can fill up my days with something worthwhile again. What better way to start a new academic year than a shopping haul?



First, we have the necessities:

  • Cuddles Cotton Pads from Watson's (100's) - PhP. 47
  • Med + Guard Anti-Bacterial Wipes with moisturizer from Watson's (10's) - PhP.25
  • Nylon Exfoliating Gloves from Watson's (1 pair) - around PhP.70
I prefer using cotton pads over cotton balls. Although they are more expensive than cotton balls (a lot more expensive, actually), I feel like it dispenses the product more efficiently. When I'm using cotton balls, I feel like the product (usually a toner) is being absorbed by the cotton rather than my skin, so I get more of my money's worth when I use cotton pads. Cuddles is a brand I've been using ever since and they are cheap for a cotton pad. The wipes were an emergency purchase when we passed by SM Makati on one of those oven-hot days. It's also quite cheap for a wet wipe at PhP.2.50 each. I don't use it on my face though since I suspect it contains alcohol. I purchased the gloves as an alternative to body scrub. After President Obama banned products with microbeads in the US, I was a bit hesitant to purchase scrubs (which, surprise, surprise, contain microbeads). Exfoliating is good for the skin, but I don't want to cause pollution while doing so. Besides, using exfoliating gloves makes scrubbing much easier and faster.

On Skin Care we have:


  • Dickinson's Original Witch Hazel Toner from Healthy Options, PhP.89
  • Garnier Muti-Action Whitening Cream from Puregold, PhP. 84
  • Garnier Multi-Action Whitening Serum Cream from Watson's, PhP.99
I've been meaning to buy the witch hazel face and body toner from Healthy Options for a while. They say it's good for the face and also helps with varicose veins. Sadly, whenever I'm at Healthy Options in MOA, they were out of stock. But when we passed by Healthy Options at SM Manila, there were tons of them. I ended up buying the toner exclusively for the face (the other one was blue and was meant for the face and body) since I'm a sucker for Pore-Refining toners. I'm also planning to get the face and body toner soon. Then I got the Garnier Night Serum Cream because I wanted to try a night cream for so long. I realized too late though, that I'm out of moisturizer too so I bought the Garnier Multi-Action Whitening Cream for Puregold (hehe).

Makeup Needs:


  • Maybelline Hypercurl Volumizing Mascara from Watson's, PhP.149
  • Etude House Drawing Eyebrow (No.2) from Landmark, around PhP.179
  • Gatsby Oil Control Film from Landmark, PhP.99
I'm in the middle of my make-up use up project (I have so much in store and I'm net very keen on keeping makeup for too long) so I just purchased my needs. Maybelline Hypercurl mascara is my go-to mascara since it only costs PhP.149 but it can do wonders on your lashes! I'm not a fan of buying expensive mascaras for they expire in three months. If it is waterproof and volumizing and black, I'm good. I'm also out of eyebrow product and I've recently read a good review on Etude House's Auto Eyebrow. The best thing about this is the shade - they have gray! As a rule, if you have dark hair, your eyebrows must be 1-2 shades lighter than your hair. And ladies, please, brown is NOT 1-2 shades lighter than black. I used to use Maybelline Crayonbrow (I forgot the exact shade but it's also gray) but I think they've stopped producing them (I hate Maybelline for that). The only downside to this Drawing Eye Brow is that it's not travel friendly. My sister broke hers in under two weeks and I've read a few reviews having the same problem. Lastly, I got an oil control film. Gatsby came in highly recommended by my sister who swears by them since it already has powder in it. Less hassle in touch ups.

Nail Care:


  • Chic Nail Polish from Puregold, PhP.33 each
  • Bobbie Cuticle Softener from Watson's, PhP.30
This last set wasn't really on my mind when thinking about back to school beauty needs. A couple of weeks ago, I wasn't a fan of pastel nail polish. You would see me in dark bold colors or beige and white neutrals, but never in pastels - that is, until I tried my sister's pale peachy cream pastel nail polish. It was so elegant and youthful and I can't stop myself from buying just one (at PhP.33 each I figured I wasn't spending much - at least that's what I told myself), check out my Instagram for swatches. The Bobbie cuticle softener also wasn't part of my list. Funny story: I just buy the PhP.5 cuticle softeners available at your friendly sari-sari store, but due to a misunderstanding with my brother whom I gave PhP10.00 for two cuticle softeners from a store near home, I ended up with the Bobbie one from Watson's and then blamed me for not giving him enough money. LOL. Anyway, it was quite big so I wouldn't be needing a new one for a while.



That was everything I got for this haul. I hope you all have a lovely week ahead. Happy Sunday!






No comments:

Post a Comment