Thursday, February 25, 2016

Read My Own Book Challenge



So, I started the year by challenging myself to read more books using Popsugar's 2016 Book Challenge but as I was going through books on our "library" at home I realized that I should just ditch the reading challenge and get on with reading the books I already have at home. We do have quite a lot of titles I haven't read and there's no better time reading them than now. It felt fulfilling going through all our books at home, sorting them into piles and all the time I was thinking of the big book haul I will be doing after I get through this reading challenge (guilt-free book shopping!) I limited my list to just 40 books which gives me a book a week to read, but I wanted to be realistic (take in those busy weeks where I wouldn't be able to get my hands on any single book) and I have quite a few ebooks in my eReader that I also wanted to get through (I only counted the physical ones for this challenge). So here goes my list:


1. Angels & Demons - Dan Brown
2. The Da Vinci Code -  Dan Brown
3. The Lost Symbol - Dan Brown
4. Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West - Gregory Maguire
5. Son of a Witch - Gregory Maguire
6. The Naked Face - Sidney Sheldon
7. The Other Queen - Philippa Gregory
8. The Three Musketeers - Alexandre Dumas
9. The Man in the Iron Mask - Alexandre Dumas
10. Sherlock Holmes Volume I - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
11. Sherlock Holmes Volume II - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
12. Journey to the Centre of the Earth - Jules Verne
13. Legend - Marie Lu
14. Ilustrado -  Miguel Syjuco
15. Prodigy - Marie Lu
16. Outliers - Malcolm Gladwell
17. A Separate Peace - John Knowles
18. City of Ashes - Cassandra Clare
19. Night Shift - Stephen King
20. Ghostgirl - Tonya Hurley
21. Ghostgirl Lovesick - Tonya Hurley
22. Don't Sweat the Small Stuff - Richard Carlson
23. Mark of Athena - Rick Riordan
24. House of Hades - Rick Riordan
25. The Lady of the Rivers - Philippa Gregory
26. Order of Darkness: Stormbringers - Philippa Gregory
27. Hawkes Harbor - S. E. Hinton
28. 9th Judgment - James Patterson
29. Private: #1 Suspect - James Patterson
30. Don't Sweat the Small Stuff with your Family - Richard Carlson
31. Act of Valor - Tom Clancy
32. The First Phone Call from Heaven - Mitch Albom
33. Life of Pi - Yann Martel
34. City of Lost Souls - Cassandra Clare
35. Faithful Place - Tana French
36. The Chronicles of Narnia - C. S. Lewis
37. The Law of Nines - Terry Goodkind
38. American Woman - Susan Choi
39. Pyramids and Tombs of Ancient Egypt - Lorna Oakes
40. Blood of Olympus - Rick Riordan

There goes my new list for my 2016 Reading Challenge. From time to time, I will be updating this post by crossing out books I've already finished and, hopefully, by the end of 2016 I will be done reading everything!

Follow me on goodreads and instagram for daily updates. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment